mbp wont start up in mac os, but boot camp will

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raymondu999, Dec 2, 2009.

1. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

Hey all. I have a stock 2.53GHz 15" Unibody MacBook Pro (Oct 08) this morning when I started her up, she just went into the blank blue screen, and there was the rotating icon at the bottom of the screen. It would loop over and over. The icon would disappear, then reappear in a bit. I know it's not the hard disk, as I just booted into my Boot Camp partition which works perfectly. Anybody know? :(

I'm on the latest snow leopard 10.6.2 if I'm not wrong?

2. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

Hold option at startup and boot into OS X. In the preferences app go to startup disk and select your macintosh hard drive as the startup disk and reboot.

3. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hey. I know that trick, and I have done it. But it just koops at the screen that's all blue. My startup disk IS set to Mac OS

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

You can try booting in verbose mode (I think it's hold down V at startup) and it'll show you all the command line stuffs. Then you can go try to use the command prompt to fix the broken stuff. It's probably easiest to just reainstal OS X though. Do you have a time machine backup?

5. raymondu999 thread starter macrumors 65816

I feared someone would say that. I don't have a Time Machine backup (I really should, shouldn't I?) Is there a way to reinstall snow leo withOUT losing my apps and data?

6. boatski macrumors regular

This would have been nice to know when I had Win 7 installed, haha.