mbp wont start up in mac os, but boot camp will

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Hey all. I have a stock 2.53GHz 15" Unibody MacBook Pro (Oct 08) this morning when I started her up, she just went into the blank blue screen, and there was the rotating icon at the bottom of the screen. It would loop over and over. The icon would disappear, then reappear in a bit. I know it's not the hard disk, as I just booted into my Boot Camp partition which works perfectly. Anybody know? :(

I'm on the latest snow leopard 10.6.2 if I'm not wrong?

zachplaysguitar

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2008
Richmond, VA
Hold option at startup and boot into OS X. In the preferences app go to startup disk and select your macintosh hard drive as the startup disk and reboot.

Comment

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Hey. I know that trick, and I have done it. But it just koops at the screen that's all blue. My startup disk IS set to Mac OS

Comment

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
You can try booting in verbose mode (I think it's hold down V at startup) and it'll show you all the command line stuffs. Then you can go try to use the command prompt to fix the broken stuff. It's probably easiest to just reainstal OS X though. Do you have a time machine backup?

Comment

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
I feared someone would say that. I don't have a Time Machine backup (I really should, shouldn't I?) Is there a way to reinstall snow leo withOUT losing my apps and data?

Comment

boatski

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2008
This would have been nice to know when I had Win 7 installed, haha.

Comment