MBP won't stay asleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skorpien, Nov 2, 2009.

1. skorpien macrumors 68020

I have a February 2008 MBP and am having issues with keeping it asleep. I currently have it set up as a desktop connected to an external monitor, keyboard and Magic Mouse (along with a variety of other peripherals) and I've recently noticed this issue. I'm running 10.6.1, I have tried everything from resetting the PRAM, SMC and repairing disk permissions to even installing a clean copy of Snow Leopard and restoring from Time Machine backup.

For power management, I have it set to never sleep, since I manually set it to sleep and don't want it sleeping on me when in use. I also have Wake on LAN activity disabled. Yet when I set it to sleep, at approximately noon the next day it wakes up by itself. I've even turned off the Magic Mouse to make sure it wasn't being moved by vibration and waking up the Mac. I'm completely stumped! Would the Console give any clues as to the culprit?

For troubleshooting purposes, I've installed a clean copy of SL without restoring TM backup to see if it's a program that's causing this issue or if it's a problem with a peripheral. I've yet to check back on it as I'm at work, but I'm hoping it's just software related. I'm at a loss as to what to do. If anybody has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

2. skorpien thread starter macrumors 68020

So after some extensive testing, I've determined that it's actually my USB hub that's causing the issues... but only when the external power supply is plugged in. Even with no other USB devices attached, when I attach the external power supply my MBP wakes up at 12:07 pm every day. Has anybody else experienced this or knows what to do? I suppose I could always just use it without the power adapter, but if there is another solution I'd appreciate hearing it.