MBP won't turn on?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by speaknow, Dec 29, 2010.

1. speaknow macrumors newbie

I was trying to do a clean start of my MBP and I couldn't figure a few things out.

I loaded the CD into the drive probably 6 times and now it won't turn on.

I never did anything but load the disks into the drive and that was it.

I can power my MBP on and then you hear the noise it makes everytime you turn it on. After that it goes it a white screen with the little mac logo like it always does and it loads. It will load for like 5 minutes and then just power off.

How do I fix this? Is it something that needs to be taken to the Mac store to be fixed?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Put in a disk, hold the C button when you turn on the mac until it boots into the DVD.

If you want to erase what's on it, find in the menu bar of the setup "Utilities" then Disk Utility. You can erase/repartition there.

3. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

4. speaknow thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't wanna erase my whole drive if that's what you mean. I just wanted to acess something on the OSX disc that came with my MBP
    I have no idea what your talking about. I'm not really amazing with computers.

5. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

What did this mean "I was trying to do a clean start of my MBP and I couldn't figure a few things out."?

6. speaknow thread starter macrumors newbie

I needed to fix my disc using disc utility, but it kept giving me an error.

So I searched the Mac forums and found that I could insert the OSX disc and just do a clean restart and it might fix it.

Then I found out that I didn't need to do a clean restart and could load disc utility from the OSX disc. So I was trying to figure out where the whole disc utility was and I had to keep shutting off my computer, taking out the disc and then searching google to find where disc utility was on the OSX disc. I did the disc utility thing and got the same error I keep getting.

After that my Mac just went to the white screen and kept loading and eventually shut off and that's where I am now.