Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RUFiO795

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
Wasn't really sure where to post this, as it could be feasibly included in a number of topic areas...

After upgrading my Macbook Pro (purchased in July) to Leopard, I am having trouble waking it up after putting it to sleep. Opening the computer and pressing buttons has no effect, and the white light on the clasp shines but doesn't pulsate like it usually does when sleeping. Furthermore, and somewhat alarmingly, the computer is hot to the touch like it's been working hard or has a fever or something. Anyone know anything about this problem?

Also, my Mighty Mouse works for about five minutes after a restart and then, without warning, stops. Batteries are not the problem. I can't get the Bluetooth program to even function until I restart the computer again. This also is a post-Leopard problem. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

rmh

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Texas
Also, my Mighty Mouse works for about five minutes after a restart and then, without warning, stops. Batteries are not the problem. I can't get the Bluetooth program to even function until I restart the computer again.

Well, after upgrading to Leopard my mouse has randomly dropped connection too (moreso than with Tiger), but fortunately I don't have to restart to get it to work again, usually I just turn it off and on again and it reconnects. It does get a bit annoying though.

admadan

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2007
S.California
I have the exact same problem with my G4 Mac mini. I put it to sleep when I leave for school in the morning and when I return at night the white light is on and not pulsing and it sounds like if it were working on something, since the cooling fan sounds like it is going full speed. I never had this problem when I had Tiger. I'm forced to hold down the power button to turn it off and then turn it back on. It's getting kind of annoying and I keep submitting the problem to apple via the prompt.

katorga

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
Me too.

I discovered this this week on the road using a logitech V270 BT mouse. Sleeping the computer by closing the lid causes a kernel panic in the BT software module. This does not occur at home using an Apple BT keyboard and mighty mouse. It happened twice, before I started turning BT off before sleeping.

This is the first crashes I've had with 10.5.x.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.