MBP worth waiting for in UK?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sharky05, Dec 9, 2007.

1. sharky05 macrumors regular

Like quite a few people I've been wanting to get a MBP this winter, but having just heard about the Penryn processors I am considering waiting. If I was in the states, I'd definitely wait a month for a better speed laptop. But being in the UK, it could be way past January before they sell them here.
    My question is, is it worth waiting for the new Penryn MBPs to come out in the UK? This is my first mac so I'm not sure how long it takes before a US release appears in the UK.

Thanks

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

If you can wait, it's only a few months away. If you need a computer, buy it now as the current MBP is as good as it gets (3rd & final rev).

3. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

New Macs come out in the UK the same time as they do in the US. When ordering online, Apple products always seem to come from China. In a lot of cases, I've seen them in stores the day after they're announced.

Definitely worth waiting the five or six weeks until Macworld before choosing a machine now.

4. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

I'd say it's probably worth waiting just in case something does happen as long as you don't need it now then wait for a bit.

5. anotherarunan macrumors 6502

Yeah jus to repeat, mac's arent like hollywood films, once they are announced in the US, they are available in the UK almost immediately (or within a week) from the online apple store, and usually the apple stores themselves. Though, you're going to have to wait longer if you plan on getting it from a 3rd party store e.g John Lewis, Amazon UK etc

6. sharky05 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the advice. If apple release their stuff in the uk at the same time as US its definitely worth waiting for. I only thought it'd be later in the uk as we've waited quite a few months for the iPhone. I'll get it straight off the apple store, as i'd rather customise my machine.

Thanks again.

7. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

The iPhone was a bit different, what with it being a phone tied to network carriers and everything. Notice the iPods (including the touch) came out at the same time everywhere.

You might want to avoid customising through Apple if you can help it, too. Stuff like RAM can be bought elsewhere and easily installed at a fraction of Apple's prices. The HD isn't yet user-serviceable, hopefully that'll change come January.