MBP WWDC'09 Updates?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MBX, Apr 29, 2009.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

Do you think there are any hardware changes or slight updates coming at WWDC? Maybe just BluRay or CPU and screens (oled?)?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Please. No Blu-ray. Come on.

There will be nothing substantial done to the hardware until Q1 2010. No update will be worth waiting for.

3. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

HD bump, possible CPU bump.

Other than that.

Nothing.

Buy it now.

4. kidtronix macrumors regular

Argh, I'm supposed to buy a 2.66 MBP today, but I'm having anxiety about it...

Everyone is in agreement that the WWDC bump would not be anything major right?

5. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

just wait mate, all unibody will support blu-ray :cool:

6. rick3000 macrumors 6502a

rick3000

After looking at the intel roadmaps, I think they will bump the BTO processor to 3.06GHz and bump the rest of the MBP speeds. Maybe add a 6GB RAM option and up the HD sizes.
    Nothing to major, but worth waiting for if you aren't in any rush.

I seriously doubt we'll see Blu-Ray support anytime soon.

7. iMacmatician macrumors 601

I am thinking it'll be on a similar scale to the Penryn MacBook Pro update. The two improvements I'm thinking are HDD and GPU. Other stuff will probably be minor.

8. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Not in the MBP anyway. It will hit the Mac Pro first.

9. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Only reason to wait would be for the free iPod (well $199 free) and any offerings that would benefit the wait such as saving a bit more if you want the free (up to $100) printer as well. The big issue is SL and even though I really don't want to pay extra for it if I need a Mac now, then I buy, otherwise that's the trade off and it's fine with me so long as SL is fast and very stable, simple really.

10. kidtronix macrumors regular

I don't want to go off-topic, but why does MacMall want me to pay sales tax when I live in NY? They're in CA...

11. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

no bluray in MBP's. just buy it now unless like Artful Dodger said you want the free iPod.

that is strange. i would call them and ask what's up with that.

12. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

You would have to ask them where they have a distribution center located. Some online places will charge in NY but most won't. Amazon is fighting this but Newegg.com will not charge tax in NY. I have an email from them stating since they have no DC in NY they don't by law have to but it would be up to the buyer to file under ones taxes at the end of the year :rolleyes:

There have been a few other places that won't charge if you search I think Macconnection won't or ClubMac, I forget but it was brought up before a few months back.

For the above ^^^ you would be better having a separate BR reader/burner so that it's less wear and tear on the unit (MBP) and you will see better performance from a separate drive as well. All in all support would be nice but anything more in a laptop would be really demanding on the drive imo.

13. kidtronix macrumors regular

I did, they said they were obligated to comply with state taxes, I asked if they had offices in NY and they said no.

Hmph.

14. CTechKid macrumors regular

Enough with the calls for Blu-ray in the MBP. :mad:

I hope they add a BTO option to replace the super drive with an additional HD. That and moving to an ATi GPU would make my day. :apple:

15. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

and they are going to charge you for shipping? not cool indeed.

16. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Well they have a misinformed understanding of the law and are making money on the items sold because by law you would have to claim it at the end of the year so the state and gov. get double which isn't right. One area yes both no. also a bunch of other places match prices and deals it's really up to you to shop around for another good company to honor or compete with another one but enough about that from me.
    I'll look else where for a place to buy, even using the edu discount and paying tax would feel better.

17. PAC88 macrumors 6502

I'm hoping that they make an anti glare option available for all the unibodies, or atleast the 15". It would make sense to have a small update like this available in the summer. That alone is worth waiting for, unless you are looking at a 17", then I would just buy now.

18. goMac macrumors 603

19. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Might be worth noting this:
    [​IMG]