MBP - Yellow Cast, Yellow Tint

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jtling85, Mar 25, 2008.

1. jtling85 macrumors newbie

I was following a discussion about the yellow tint tests, and performed such test on my MBP 2.6 Penryn 15" Matte bought early March, 9C83. I noticed there is a yellow tint on the bottom part of the screen. I called Apple service yesterday and they acknowledged that it is a problem and asked me to bring back for inspection.

Besides the yellow tint on the bottom part of the screen, the new LED display of the MBP appears to be more yellowish, or having a yellow cast, compared to my previous 2.33 CCFL display MBP, when both MBP sit side by side. This is apparent when we open a white background on many web pages, like Apple's home page.

Already use Spyder2 Pro with the hardware calibrator to perform calibrations to generate display profiles and it seems the yellow cast is an issue not calibration can fix.

My question is: even if Apple replace the the display and solve the yellow tint issue at the bottom of the screen, is the LED display more "yellow" compared to the CCFL? Is it inherent with the LED display Is there a white LED screen? Or do we have to settle with a even display with not tint at the bottom, but still have yellow cast?

2. boggled macrumors newbie

Now that you and many others have mentioned it, it affrims what I have noticed and thought all along, that my screen appears to have a bit of a yellowish cast. I just thought there was something wrong with my eyes. It's like the white doesn't look purely white. When I boot camp into XP, white appears white, especially down at the taskbar. Now that I look at it some more, there is a slight, very light, yellowishness.