Mbp

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mrmacdude, Aug 10, 2007.

1. mrmacdude macrumors newbie

I have 2 questions. I just saved up enough money for a MBP, which i need for school. (3d comp. animation)

1) I do need the 256mb of vram. It does pain me to pay 500 dollars for it, though. Is it necessary?

2) I know it hasn't been too long since the SR MBPs came out. Even so, will i regret buying one before leopard comes out?

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

your question doesn't really make sense in that if you need 256MB VRAM, then yes it is necessary. if you don't need it, don't pay extra for it. if you're asking whether 128 will suffice, we really need to know specifically why you think you need 256; i.e., what apps you'll be running, etc.

if you need the MBP before school, you don't really have the option to wait for Leopard. still, i don't think you'll regret not waiting for Leopard because (a) the upgrade is only $129 and possibly cheaper through your school's bookstore/computer supplier and (b) i personally don't think we'll see any significant changes to the MBP before January 2008 - at the earliest. that last part is complete speculation, but whatever you buy now will suffice for many years.