MBP13 2010 - Audio output issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ASed, Nov 14, 2011.

1. ASed macrumors newbie

Sep 1, 2011
    Hi everyone,

I've got an up to date Lion rocking my MBP, but lately I have been having problems when I connect my external audio system. The output is mono only for some reason.. it clearly is a bug because if I restart the system I get stereo again..

I tried fiddling in the system preferences pane with no luck so far. Any idea how this behavior can be changed? (restarting the MBP everytime I come home is a hassle.. plus it used to work flawlessly)

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I am not using an optical connection to my system (should that matter).. copper only.
  2. Mersailios macrumors regular

Oct 23, 2011
    What applications do you typically use when this behaviour occurs?
  3. ASed thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 1, 2011
    Well I have tested if this was an application dependent issue, but I have the problem with any app that outputs sound (iTunes, safari/chrome (e.g. youtube), vlc, ..)

Maybe you're talking about which application I usually run? Then there's a lot of them.. parallels, skype, adium, some X11 apps, xcode, some specific development tools (CS student here :)),.. I usually end up with everything opened since i don't restart the MPB unless updates have been released.

Do you have anything specific in mind?