mbp13'' - ACD 24

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by stege, Oct 15, 2009.

1. stege macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I'm new here, freshly registered, but it's a long time since I'm reading the news on the homepage.

I have an old pb G4 17'' (last before intel), and I've decided to change to a new one. First I thought about the new 17", but then...too heavy and I've seen the Imac and loved the big screen.
    Then I thought about 15" (medium size, the one with 258mega of ram) and to buy the 24 ACD.

Then I've seen here in the forum that the 9600 is not really needed unless 3d and rendering, or heavy game played.

So, my last idea was to get the mbp 13 to be connected with the 24 ACD.

I need it for video editing (sporadic) or CS4 (more often).

Comments?
    What about the resolution, if I keep the mbp closed and using the ACD as unique monitor, will I have the maximum resolution of the 13 or of the ACD?

Thanks for the answeres :)
    s

PS I'll buy everything next tuesday (maybe there is a little speedbump) except the keyboard and mouse. I've no hurry for them, so maybe I'll wait for the new ones ;)

2. katyoshi macrumors 6502

I've heard no new MBPs. If you're going to do CS4, I would go with the 15" as it has the better graphics card.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

From what you say in your post I think a 13inch macbook pro would suffice, unless you see yourself needing more power in the future??? The macbook should also support the full resolution of the 24" monitor due to the way the new display port works.

There is no harm waiting till next tuesday, but don't wait for the speed bump as you always end up playing catch up!

Good luck with your purchase :cool:

4. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

i reckon the 13 would suffice really for what your doing, but if your not sure and have the money, the 15 will be a nice addition to your macs [​IMG]

5. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

6. JCP21 macrumors member

i would go with 15" still very portable and worth the extra money [​IMG]

7. stege thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply!
    I think I'll go with the 13".
    For what I've seen it's fine for my pictures.

Does anyone ever tryied to use NX2 or CS4 for handling .raw nikon files?
    I'm concerned about the speed...

For the 15" I should choose the middle version, with 9600. It's 350 euros, actually half the price of the ACD...

Let's say that I feel less gulty if buying the 13" i can convince myself I bought the ACD 50% off :rolleyes:

8. katyoshi macrumors 6502