MBP13 and iPad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BigCanoe, Aug 24, 2010.

1. BigCanoe macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have a PC and an iPad (and an iPhone). I am considering ditching the PC for a 13" MBP. I wonder if it will feel redundant to have an iPad and a laptop? Anyone here in that situation, do you feel they have unique purposes?

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Most of the people who have an iPad and an MBP have at least a 15". It helps get rid of some of the redundancy. The iPad screen is 9.7", the 13" MBP's screen is 13". Not a huge difference. If you must get a MBP, go for the base 15", provided that you have the money to pay for it. If you don''t have the money for the 15", I wouldn't recommend getting a MBP at all.

3. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Yes for sure. iPhone is the phone the I can Skype on the road, and take photos and movies. iPad is great for the plane. Unmatched battery life for movies and games, and wifi if available. MBP is for real work: vnc to my desktop at work, creating documents, and editing movies.

I have a 13" MBP, and loving it as it remains portable. I have a 27" iMac if I need bigger screen. Alternatively you can connect mbp to a monitor.

4. DKatri macrumors 6502

I have both and importantly, the biggest difference between the two is not just the screen size. The 13inch MBP might not be quite as good as the 15 but, it is very different to an iPad.

My iPad is used for reading iBooks, PDF books and RSS reading. It is also great for gaming and just casual browsing.

I use my MBP for more serious stuff like word processing and making keynote and exel projects. and also for a bit of music production (the iPad makes a pretty good control interface for ableton actually)

5. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

For sure it's a great idea, you'll love the MBP for creating content.

13 or 15" is up to you. I would not buy the 15" over the 13" just so there is a bigger difference in size from your iPad. The 13's size and weight has a lot of benefit too.

6. BigCanoe thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya, I use my iPad mainly for surfing and watching movies, I dont use apps on it alot. I want to get the Mac for iMovie, GarageBand, iPhone development, iWork, and World of Warcraft. I already have a 20" display, so I dont care so much how big the laptop screen is. I also plan to drag it to work some, so the smaller size has some appeal.