MBP13" Audio In/Out

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ortegacarlton, Dec 28, 2011.

1. ortegacarlton macrumors newbie

Does anyone here with the 13" MBP and only one audio port, have any suggestions on splitters?

I'm looking for something cheap that runs USB(or through audio input if possible) and allows me to plug in an audio in and audio out.

2. BreakGuy macrumors 6502a

BreakGuy

The Griffin iMic is going to be your closest bet to the best of my knowledge.

The combined audio in/out port does not work simultaneously. It either acts as an Audio In port OR an Audio Out port - not both at the same time.

3. lippyt macrumors member

4. ortegacarlton thread starter macrumors newbie

5. lippyt macrumors member

I bought one which appears as "C media chipset" It works on mac os and PC. The sound quality is no where near a USB soundcard by audio capture devices from line 6/ creative. If you intend to plug in a guitar for a clean sound, there's no distortion either.

You don't need to blow more than 10 bucks to get a 3.5mm sound input, sound input is old technology and is commoditized. God Bless China!

6. mfuchs88 macrumors 6502

I have a cheap Syba audio card that works great, it was about 8 dollars on amazon and the sound quality is surprisingly good. I highly recommend it.