MBP13 Display flickering when scrolling ? Is it normal ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DavePro, Oct 12, 2009.

1. DavePro macrumors newbie

Hello,

im from Germany so my english is not the best =) But i try to explain what my problem is. I got a new MBP13 and im happy with it but there is something when i scroll down in this Forum here for exampe ... the text begins to flicker.
    I dont know if it is the screen or a problem with drivers or anything like this. I tryed to make a video and uploaded it on youtube.
    I want to know if you can see the flicker on this video or is it only me who can see this ?
    Is this normal ?

Here is the youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8V89Ef_J0c

2. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I watched the video and it's fine. Is your "smooth scrolling" option off or on? (System Pref --> Appearance)

3. DavePro thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer.
    You can not see any flickering ? Because i can see it :) Mhm ... maybe there is something wrong with my eyes ? :/

4. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

No, this is actually very telling because it means the video encoded properly using the proper frame rate and it's most likely your display.

What happens if you change your display's refresh rate?

(System Preferences --> Displays)

5. DavePro thread starter macrumors newbie

I can not change the refresh rate :/ It is not possible ... nothing to choose there.

6. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

Dave, I wouldn't even waste my time trying to figure it out anymore and suggest you just take it in for a checkup. You mention it's new - don't know where you got it from but maybe they'll swap it out.