MBP13 + Keyboard Cover + Ventilation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lol, Jun 15, 2010.

1. lol macrumors newbie

I'm planning on purchasing the MBP13 2010 and a keyboard cover but I've heard that the ventilation system takes air from the keyboard area. Is putting a cover on the keyboard going to affect ventilation? Has anyone notice any difference with it on vs. with it off?

Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The keyboard area is not a significant source of ventilation. Keyboard covers are fine.

3. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

keyboard covers should be fine on the keyboard since the vents are right by the place where the screen is able to tilt. i think the keyboard covers slightly** affects your speakers...but that's just my opinion. all in all, worth the money...keeping your keyboard clean and free of grease is priceless :p

4. max211 macrumors newbie

If u really concern about heat ventilation, maybe you can try Capdase Keysavers. Although I'm not sure how effective the pores are.

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I did an unscientific test with my MacBook Pro. No keyboard cover, keyboard cover, and keyboard cover + keyboard cloth all had the same temperature under load.

6. lol thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome, thanks for the replies guys.

Bill Gates, during your testing, did you notice any differences in fan speed? From what I've been reading, it seems like there wouldn't be much change in fan speed.

7. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

No, the fan was running at the maximum speed (6k RPM) to cool the system

8. ihonda macrumors 68000

using the moshi on my 13 mbp, only thing i notice is a slight lower volume for music, nothing noticable, i think it actually cleans the music up just a tad.