MBP15" throws windows off screen...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by philboplocal, Jan 24, 2016.

1. philboplocal macrumors newbie

Hi, my MBP15" throws windows off screen...as though the trackpad gesture (4 fingers and thumb expand out) has been applied. It happens mainly when I mouse over to the top left of the screen when, for instance, minimising or closing windows/apps/browsers etc.

I've played around with the trackpad in Preferences, taken it to a 'Genius' at the local Apple Store with no positive results. Has anyone else experienced this?

I thought it may have something to do with the battery as I's read that they can sometimes expand and put pressure on the TP from beneath. Had this checked out and it's not that either.

All suggestions much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Phil.

2. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Check the "Zoom" setting in System Preferences - Accessibility

Q-6

3. philboplocal thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, just turned off the checkbox which says Smooth images (not even sure what that's for!), as it's a problem which is erratic I'll get back after a while and see if that's resolved it, thanks again.

Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 16.26.36.png

4. philboplocal thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Q-6, that's done the trick. Another of life's minor niggles sorted out! Thanks so much x
    --- Post Merged, Jan 24, 2016 ---
    It's back! I thought it was sorted but it's still happening!!!!

Anyone, please?

5. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Check you haven't set a hot corner for the action if it's usually around top left corner?