MBP17 unibody, Horizontal lines across website

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aleni, Apr 3, 2009.

1. aleni macrumors 68000

hi, suddenly this morning my mbp 17 unibody has horizontal lines when reading this page. btw i'm using safari beta 4. is it a bug in safari 4 beta? or the graphic card issue? it doesn't happen in other pages though.

has anybody experienced this? it's like i'm getting stoned while reading that article about smokin pot.

i quit safari and then read other pages include that one again, those horizontal lines dissapear. tell me it's not the graphic card issue please... hope it will not show up again.

the url that has horizontal lines is http://digg.com/d1npDT

can you guys check that page out and tell me whether you have the lines or not. thanks..

[​IMG]

2. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Works for me.

I'm running the beta too, but don't experience this problem. I am pretty sure it is not related to the graphics card. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

3. oliverhart77 macrumors newbie

its strictly a digg effect. after digg switched to its new style its been happening all over the place. it happens to mine all the time, but its only on digg. i was worried at first, but its not anything serious.

[​IMG]

4. aleni thread starter macrumors 68000

yes. it only happens with the dig o-lame bar.

thanks. that relishes me to know that nothing serious occurred.

5. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

To the OP:

I went to that website with the picture that looks like a nerdy Mark Wahlberg and it doesnt have the line effect.

I'm using a mac mini + 24" LED ACD.

6. oliverhart77 macrumors newbie

you have to control click and open more than one page in tabs-

go to digg, find a story, open said story in new tab, then scroll down. it happens everytime im on digg and is NOT something that warrants defect in our macs.

try it. its becoming more prominent since digg established its new "digg bar" feature.

7. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Just did exactly what you told me to, still no lines. Am I missing something here?? :confused:

I go to digg all the time and I never seen these lines ever.

But then again I'm running Safari 3.2.1 still so it could be a Safari 4 issue.

8. oliverhart77 macrumors newbie

im on safari 321 too. its a digg issue though, im 100% on this.

9. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

Never seen those before and i am on digg all the time with multiple tabs.... then again the first thing i do when i get a new mac is remove Safari from my dock and replace it with good ole FireFox

10. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

11. oliverhart77 macrumors newbie

well i guess that makes you special.

12. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

DARRR it does, me spesialllrrrrr!!:D