MBPc - HD4000gpu - mirrored display on DH2GO - ME

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sniffs, Mar 11, 2013.

1. sniffs macrumors regular

sniffs

So I have a Macbook Pro Classic, running the HD4000 GPU. Same GPU on my Lenovo T430 which rocks dual monitors(same monitors infact) as the MBP.

I just today set up the Matrox DualHead2GO adapter to enable 2x1920x1080 resolutions but they are mirroring across both displays.

I can't seem to enable either 1 large display, or 2 non-mirrored displays.. Any ideas?

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I never used a Dh2g but afaik it simulates a single big display for the base system if nothing else works. Might be you have to set a res of 3840x1080 to get what you want.
    In general check the dh2g manual that should tell you what to do.

3. sniffs thread starter macrumors regular

sniffs

Ok.. so I've ran through about every config on this device I can see.

2 issues.. it's TOTALLY FINICKY! OMG.. if I set the wrong setting, or even "Identify Display" with the MBP in Clamshell mode, it'll turn both of my Dell monitor's off..

Anyways.. right now, I can use Clamshell Mode with 2x1920x1080 in mirrored mode, which sucks and is completely useless.. I might as well turn off 1 of my Dell's.

I can enable 1 large desktop which turns out to be like 2054x1024 for some reason.. I can't set the res higher. I can only get this mode when my MB's lid is open.. if I close it, it puts my MBP to sleep.

Ultimately what I'm trying to do, is use my MBP in clamshell mode, with each monitor at 1920x1080 as 1 large desktop. I can't seem to get this done correctly.. I can't even call their support as they closed 2 hours ago. (5PM EST)