MBPr 13.3" Retina Mid 2014 or 2015 (anyone with coating issues)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cdesigns, Mar 24, 2015.

1. cdesigns macrumors 6502

I just bought a MBPr 13.3" Retina 2015 model, and after reading this anti reflection coating issues I'm a little scared. I wonder if this has been fix on mid 2014 MBPr and the newer 2015 models?

I tried to rub one corner with the micro fiber cloth and nothing happened (compared to videos online) where the coating comes off real quick.

Anyone has problems with the screen on mid2014 - 2015 models?

2. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

Most of the coating issues seem to occur 1 to 2 years after purchase i.e. the coating seems to degrade over time. Therefore I don't think you will see the issue rearing it's head on such a new machine. Hopefully they have fixed the production issue but it is best to be covered by Applecare nonetheless. Also make sure that you don't clean the screen with any solvents. Make sure that you only use water.

3. Kirjava444 macrumors member

I'm thinking of buying one too and I'm a little concerned - but realistically I haven't even bothered to clean the screen of my current laptop for months :eek:

I'll just buy the extended AppleCare, try to put the computer to sleep for a few minutes before closing it (I won't be running in clamshell mode either) so it can cool off a bit, and in the rare cases where I do wipe it down I'll buy some distilled water or something.

4. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

I just don't clean it that often. I never touch it either. It get's dust but you can use a dust blower from amazon that doesn't require contact.

That's the safest way.

5. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

2014 here with no issues. I don't think its too widespread.