MBPr 13 Temperatures

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nmeed, Sep 21, 2015.

1. nmeed macrumors regular

I just got an MBPr 13 and I was wondering if my temperatures are fine. The palm rests seem a little warm, I'm really not doing anything except browsing and downloading some files. I'm using a "case" for my mac, those clear ones that snap on. It does seem to have vents but I'm worried it might be causing my Mac to run hotter. In general is it okay to have these cases? I've attached a screenshot of my temperatures, I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me if these are normal, high, really high...what have you. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

They are bang on normal for your use they will double that when you are putting it under heavy load.

I personally have never used a case with any of my macs (don't see the point) but of course they will hold heat in more than without, however your temps are bang on what I would expect so I wouldn't worry about it.

Your computer will get warm because it is designed to act as a heatsink taking the heat away from the internals as only a metal case can do.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Your temps are normal and nothing to worry about.

There are thousands of threads regarding temperatures on this very subforum.

At the time of this writing, there are two on the first page apart from yours. I suggest you try a search of the forums, you are likely to find many people having the same issues.

4. nmeed thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you... that's very reassuring.

I just went through the first two pages and I didn't see anything about temperatures. I saw a couple threads regarding fan speed but that's about it. Thank you for your assurance.

5. Toutou macrumors 6502a

Toutou

Your temps look just like my Late 13 13" rMBP after a year or so with some dust in it.

6. nmeed thread starter macrumors regular

Well, that's not great then

7. nmeed, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015

nmeed thread starter macrumors regular

I just realized that my temperatures in TG Pro are stuck. I've ran multiple youtube videos in HD and then had absolutely nothing running and my temperatures didn't budge. I tried iStat and the readings were the same. Would could this be from? Sometimes it works perfectly then 10 minutes later it doesn't.