mbpr 13' Trackpad click

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tmjennings23, Dec 18, 2012.

1. tmjennings23 macrumors newbie

New to the forums...

Does anyone have an issue with the trackpad on their 13 inch retina mbp?

The first one I bought had a very weak click (not much physical feedback).

Do they need time to "break-in"?

I replaced it, and the new one is better but still is not like other macbooks which have a strong click...Nothing was wrong with either one, just a sensory issue.

2. thedoofa macrumors member

I picked up my new 13" rMBP today and it's got a very VERY strong click - noticeably louder than my 2012 MBA, in fact it was one of the first thing I noticed - how long have you had it?

3. mikeheenan macrumors 6502

I've noticed issues with my 15" rmbp trackpad, at times on the left side, I'll get a strong click, other times it'll be soft and not work. Im not sure what the problem is?

4. maxosx macrumors 68020

Here's my take on it.

The trackpad is quite large, and a very nice size at that. The sounds it makes are bound to vary a bit I would think, since depending on how you place your finger or fingers, they absorb some of the noise.

I have lots of time on my Mid 2010 15" MBP, and the sound of the trackpad is not precisely the same each click, yet it seems to me that's a fairly normal characteristic. It's never failed to work well.

Last week I purchased a 13" MBP retina, and it's trackpad is a bit louder.

Yet I don't think that's a problem. I have never expected it to be silent. It works great, if it varies a bit, it's no big deal till it begins to malfunction. Something I seriously doubt will happen.

5. tmjennings23 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have had this macbook for about 3 weeks, like I said before its not malfunctioning, just something making me wonder lol.

I wanted to see what you guys thought. The floor models that I tested (13 mbpr) seemed to have a different click compared to other models...not as "strong."

6. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

The solution: Tap to Click
    There are no "real" reasons why one wouldn't use it.
    It's the best thing since the invention of the wheel... :rolleyes:

7. JD92, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013