MBPR 2.3ghz 9+Hour Battery Life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by monkthehonk, Jun 18, 2012.

1. monkthehonk macrumors member

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Seems a bit high for it to be true.
    Some variations are likely though. Considering that 22nm isn't doing so well there are probably some significant differences between single Chips. It might be a bit of a lottery in the next few months. I wouldn't be surprised if many reviews report rather different simply because they got different Notebooks with some colder and some hotter chips.

Though 9:22 seems too much difference. Yet considering a recent THG review. Ivy Bridge does much better the lower it is clocked and is not quite as good with higher voltages. It would be interesting what the reported voltage of the 2.6 and the 2.3 Ghz chips are in those 2 Notebooks.

Some sites report 8:30. Obviously the testing methodology is often not comparable but if it was it could mean that the battery life in those first batches will range form 7-9.5 hours.

3. barredfreak macrumors 6502

Wow, 9 hours? That's pretty amazing.

However, just leaving my laptop sitting there got me around 7:50 once, so I'm not too surprised.

4. corvus32 macrumors 6502a

I get close to 10 hours of web surfing with just Safari running and screen brightness set to minimum. No Flash, of course.