Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Porkaysi

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Recently bought a mid 2012 MBPr 15 inch base model, I loved it! it was my second MBP and it was seriously a great machine, but after a month of use it had 4 dead pixels :(. I could still return it since i am a silver member at BB, i then waited for WWDC to make my mind up. i was hoping for the new Retina macs but i was left heart broken :(. after 2 days of contemplating i went with the air manly because i web browse and use MS office and thats about it. if i ever game it mite be league of legends but that is not demanding at all, and i have a PC gaming rig that can play triple A titles on ultra settings. overall, yes i miss the retina screen but the more i use the air the less it bothers me. only con i have noticed really, its way easier to handle and is super light. i have had 2010 15 inch then the retina 15 to this air and even though every switch is minor in weight, there is always a big difference in feel. havent noticed any noticeable difference in speed yet, i know the retina has it out gunned still but it boots FAST and is a snappy web browser. battery life kinda reminds me of my 4th gen iPad, been usuing it a good amount since got it roughly 5 hours and i am at 53%. very happy with the switch, i do miss the retina but its not make or break for me.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
Recently bought a mid 2012 MBPr 15 inch base model, I loved it! it was my second MBP and it was seriously a great machine, but after a month of use it had 4 dead pixels :(. I could still return it since i am a silver member at BB, i then waited for WWDC to make my mind up. i was hoping for the new Retina macs but i was left heart broken :(. after 2 days of contemplating i went with the air manly because i web browse and use MS office and thats about it. if i ever game it mite be league of legends but that is not demanding at all, and i have a PC gaming rig that can play triple A titles on ultra settings. overall, yes i miss the retina screen but the more i use the air the less it bothers me. only con i have noticed really, its way easier to handle and is super light. i have had 2010 15 inch then the retina 15 to this air and even though every switch is minor in weight, there is always a big difference in feel. havent noticed any noticeable difference in speed yet, i know the retina has it out gunned still but it boots FAST and is a snappy web browser. battery life kinda reminds me of my 4th gen iPad, been usuing it a good amount since got it roughly 5 hours and i am at 53%. very happy with the switch, i do miss the retina but its not make or break for me.

Which MBA did you go with?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.