Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPS127

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
...states nowhere that this is a 13" retina. Is that unusual, or did I just receive the wrong MBPr (and there's nothing inside the box that states either the model or configuration)? I'm not setting it up till Sunday, so I'm just wondering.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
There are no specs on the bottom right (underside) of the box? :confused:

JPS127

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
All it states, among the various barcodes and serial numbers, is that it's "MacBook Pro 13-inch."

I did take it out of the box, though, and noticed there isn't a CD/DVD drive in it, so I assume it's the latest model, and a retina. Is there a way to check the serial number online?

close2reality

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
All it states, among the various barcodes and serial numbers, is that it's "MacBook Pro 13-inch."

I did take it out of the box, though, and noticed there isn't a CD/DVD drive in it, so I assume it's the latest model, and a retina. Is there a way to check the serial number online?

no optical drive=retina

radioking

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
Click on the Apple in the top left, then select About This Mac. It will tell you what version you have. The latest is early 2015.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.