MBPR early 2013 vs late 2013 - Help.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Drbein, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Drbein macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm on the verge of selling my MBPR with this spec:

2.7ghz ivy bridge
    512gb ssd
    16gb memory
    gt 650m 1gb ddr5

to buy the 2.0ghz haswell 8gb memory, 256gb ssd and intel iris pro 5200.

I will sell the early 2013 for the same amount i buy the late 2013 for.

Should i do it? or should i stick with the one i have?

Please advice, I'm kinda clueless, i want to run the machine docked to 1 or 2 monitors aswell

2. rapicell macrumors regular

What do you plan on doing with it? While the CPU is better than in the newer model and you'll get better battery life, you may not notice the speed difference if you're not going anything intensive enough. Personally, I'd stick with what you got for now and wait until a newer model is released. You got a good amount of ram and storage and your GPU with its 1gb is plenty powerful still even if it is old tech.

3. Drbein thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply, normally i just surf and do watch youtube, i play some league of legends once a week but thats about it. So i guess i fall under the category of normal use.

I know the new model support the 4K output from HDMI? or is it the thunderbolt with display port 1.2? The early 2013 only have support for 2560x1600 ? But the late 2013 can only support ONE 4K screen?

Is my old GPU better then iris 5200 or worse?
    So many questions, i got a buyer for my macbook today, but I'm not sure if i should sell.. its no point of buying a new macbook if its not better.. Or should i spend more and buy the end model.