MBPR exchanged , happy now.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dade247, Sep 6, 2012.

1. dade247 macrumors member

So, I ordered my first Macbook Pro Retina on Aug 6 and it started bugging out with graphic tearing,stuck trackpad and sleep/wake issues that did not resolve with updates or erase and installs.

Over 14 days I decided to call AppleCare and get it taken care of to my surprise they told me they would exchange it past the 14 days. I was cool with that, I kept my old MBPR until the new Retina came home to me a few days ago and so far this machine has been solid.

The return process was really simple and hassle free through USPS. I would like to mention that I had installed a BestSkinEver full body before which was 30 bucks and it went on great. I was a bit disappointed that I would have purchase it again, but I emailed BestSkinEver customer support and they sent me a complimentary skin before even replying back to my email.

I am really impressed with the customer service of Apple and 'little' BestSkinEver and now I am a happy 2.7 16GB 512GB pro user :D

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Good stuff, looks like they both hooked you up. :p

3. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

I wonder what would've happened if you didnt have Apple Care

4. dade247 thread starter macrumors member

I would have to buy a new one or pay for a repair but since the first year of your brand new mac has "Apple care" you most of the time are covered.