MBPr genius bar replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alankalf, Nov 6, 2014.

1. alankalf macrumors newbie

My MBPr screen has green spots and they've gotten worse. They are not due to physical damage so I plan to take it to the genius bar. I understand usually they replace the screen but I can't go a day without my macbook because of school and I live 2 hours from the store. What would typically happen in my case and could I possibly get a replacement instead of waiting for a repair?

2. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

They'll repair your mac by replacing the screen.

If you're polite and courteous to the genius, they may (it's a slim chance) expedite the repair, if you're an arse, they'll put it to the bottom of the pile.

Replacements are only normally done where they give up on a repair (for example my mid '12 rMBP was in for 14 days, and they replaced nearly every component and it was still failing tests so they replaced it), or it is repeatedly brought back for the same major fault.

3. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

It's tough to get a replacement on the spot. You have to go through the warranty loop. If you have the luxury, time the genius bar appointment the day before you'll be traveling or won't be using your laptop for a few days.