MBPR Glitchy+ more....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bennytsmithjr, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Bennytsmithjr macrumors member

So I experienced an issue with my mbpr and wanted to share it with you all..... I had it for 2 weeks with no problem, then noticed some odd things happening when i would be using safari. It didn't matter if i was just checking my email or working on a website on Wordpress. I would experience random screen flashing and stuck browser windows when on safari.... Has anyone experienced this before? I have videos and pictures.... I took my mbpr to the Genius Bar and they deemed it a logic board issue with my graphics card.... They replaced it and i haven't experienced it again yet....

Here is the photos... ill work on uploading the videos....

Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 10.46.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 8.46.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 5.26.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-11-14 at 1.36.05 PM.png

Just thought i would share this with you all incase you were experiencing the same issue.

2. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

3. Bennytsmithjr thread starter macrumors member

It occurred in fire fox also.... but I only noticed it when using a web browser.... nothing would occur when playing a game or even when using photoshop.

4. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I think it's a safari bug just like the typing lag. This happens occasionally on my 2011 MBP.

5. pmurph5 macrumors newbie

I have seen the "left behind" squares in Safari, where part of a previous screen is not refreshed. At first I thought it was caused by bad graphics hardware, but it seemed related to running other software such as Win 7 in a virtual machine. I am not 100% sure but it is not a major or frequent problem if the VM is off. This is on a 15" rMBP with Samsung screen & 16 GB, purchased late Oct. 2012.

6. Bennytsmithjr thread starter macrumors member

I am not doing anything out there....actually don't even run win 7 or vm on my mac..... I had the same impression that it may be a safari issue (software), but the genius bar insisted it was a hardware issue.....So who knows...

7. incriminati macrumors newbie

8. cramazing macrumors 6502

i got this problem as well, usually happens when im on Gmail and its so annoying, i figure its a software issue so ive been waiting and waiting for Apple to fix this, but if this turns out to be an hardware issue then I will bring it in to Apple.

15in RMBP here with 2.3 16Gb

PS. i would take Steve Smith over Andre Johnson rest of the way, and Bush is dropable haha