MBPr just went crazy on screen tearing!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FatGuy007, Aug 29, 2012.

1. FatGuy007 macrumors 6502

I was on it just browsing on safari, when I went to energy saver I pressed better graphics performance and logged out and back on. Keep in note gfxcardstatus is installed, once I did mission control from about 4 apps, it went crazy everything was messed up different screen interfaces, wrong menu bars, it would stay between dashboard and the desktop and it was all just messed up.
    I turned it off, turned it back on quitting gfxcardstatus and its perfectly fine now.
    I love my MBPr, no screen retention, no backligh bleeding, dead pixels. it has the occasional invisible word problems but i think it had to do with gfxcardstatus, I have no options to return it now since I am overseas.

I use gfxcardstatus and loved it, how I would plug it in and it would go on the discrete, and giving me notifications. but how can I safeley uninstall it because maybe the setting will stay there once uninstalled.

UPDATE: This is what happened. Once i turned off automatic graphics switching off, It went integrated on gfx card status, which the computer than used BOTH which caused MANY problems. I think its best to uninstall gfxcardstatus but how?

I could post a vid but I could barley open quicktime.

2. minnus macrumors 6502

Just thought I'd mention this -

I have no special programs installed (I haven't had much time to configure and tweak the rMBP).

I experienced the same thing last night just browsing on Safari.

I had to reboot.