Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xirvin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Hi guys!

I have a mbpr mid 2012. Today my laptop showed that i had 26% battery left and it shutdown abruptly. Upon pushing the power button the logo of connect to the charger (battery depleted) was showed. I am charging succesfully now the battery. The battery has only 416 cycles and it appears it is normal. Do anyone with a mbpr have experience something similar? What is the best thing i should do ?

here are the specs

Model Information:
Serial Number: D86226705...........
Manufacturer: SMP
Device Name: bq20z451
Pack Lot Code: 0
PCB Lot Code: 0
Firmware Version: 511
Hardware Revision: 3
Cell Revision: 1150
Charge Information:
Charge Remaining (mAh): 2783
Fully Charged: No
Charging: Yes
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 7693
Health Information:
Cycle Count: 416
Condition: Normal
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): 3971
Voltage (mV): 12023

SarcasticJoe

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2013
Finland
I had battery for a 2007 Macbook Pro die on me whenever it hit 40% (did this twice, died at the exact same percentage) and it turned out to be a faulty cell. The local service shop I took it to ended up giving me a new battery after they confirmed the problem. Normally your machine won't power down until about 2-3% charge, so that doesn't sound right.

So charge it up, and use it until it powers down down. If it powers down at the same charge level, you've probably got the same problem as I had and I recommend that you take in for service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.