MBPro Address Book Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JohnH1099, Jul 17, 2010.

1. JohnH1099 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I'm having a problem which I hope someone can help with.

I managed to empty the address book on my wife's MBPro when I was downgrading her iPhone 3G from OS4 back to OS3.

Anyhow I didn't think this was a massive problem as I still have the files I used to migrate her from a PC to the mac in March.

Back then I used Office2Mac to convert her mail, contacts and calendar from Outlook to her new MBPro.

I have tried a few times now to import the contacts file created by O2M into her address book but for a lot of her contacts only the name is being imported, the phone number, addresses and email addresses are being left out. I compared the list imported to what's on her old PC and obviously she has complete address book entries on the PC. When I did the import before (in March) there were not problems with it.

I also re exported the contacts file from Office using O2M but am getting the same result.

Can anyone please help???

Thanks
    John

2. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

I am not familiar with office2mac. Are you just exporting them as an excel document and then importing them into address book?
    Edit: Sorry, not an excel document, its a CSV file.

3. JohnH1099 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Many thanks for the reply. It creates one VCF card of all the Outlook contacts which should import simply into Address Book.

Thanks
    John