MBPro Buyer's Guide: What warrants an upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vinylzen, Nov 6, 2007.

1. vinylzen macrumors newbie

I'm in the market for a new laptop, saw on Digg that Macbooks got upgraded and Macbook Pros also received bigger options in RAM and hard drive. Furthermore, new Leopard OS came out and all computers are installed with it, shouldn't all Macs say Buy now, recently upgraded!? What warrants an upgrade?

Also, I've been looking all over the archives for some indication of a MBPro update in January as said around the forums, can someone explain to me what it is or what it will improve?

Thanks, I'm new.

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Since you're new, I'm not going to bitch at you but just let you know about the "Search Forums" box at the top right. It is your best friend :)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=381084

The MBP stuff last week was just a couple new BTO (Build to order) options, not a real update.

Real update will be coming in the 1st quarter of next year when Intel releases their Penryn processors.

3. Ilovemygeek macrumors regular

Yeah and you still may have to install Leopord yourself. I got mine yesterday with just a drop in disc.

4. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

exactly, meaning if you walk into an apple retail store you will still have the same exact systems on the shelf that were there for the past two months