iPod touch MBP's best companion

Desilva212

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I am looking to buy buy either the new iphone in a few months or ipod touch right now. Is the ipod touch almost a replacement for the iPhone if you don't need the phone functionality and you have wifi where you'll be using it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FA1O0O

This is what I'm looking at and for the price, it just seems like an iPod may make more sense.

Last edited:

tehpea

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2011
Portugal
Yes, if you have wifi and don't need the phone function the iPod touch is essentially an iPhone, unless of course you DESPERATELY need Siri or a good camera.

mlmwalt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa, USA
If the telephony functionality doesn't matter to you, and you have WiFi readily available, the Touch is the way to go. I've had a Touch (64gb) for 3 years and love it. When it gets close to full, I just blow out the unused apps.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
iPod touch would be perfect, but I HIGHLY recommend the 32GB rather than the 8GB. When I had a touch I had the 8GB thinking I would never use it up, but it's REALLY easy to hit 7GB even with only a handful of apps and small music library. 16GB really is the sweet spot if you ask me, but they don't make the 16GB touch anymore, so get the 32GB one.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
The iPod Touch has iMessage as well, right? I was thinking about upgrading my JB iPhone and iPad to iOS6 when it comes out, and possibly getting a Touch for JB purposes. There are a lot of things that I like about my JB devices, but I really like the iOS 6 features as well.

moderately

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
I have the touch and it does everything I need it to do, but slowly. I use WeeklyCalendar and Numbers a lot and while WeeklyCalendar is a little slow, Numbers is in the start it up and do something else range. I don't play a lot of games so I can't report on that.