MBP's best companion

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Desilva212, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Desilva212, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012

Desilva212 macrumors newbie

I am looking to buy buy either the new iphone in a few months or ipod touch right now. Is the ipod touch almost a replacement for the iPhone if you don't need the phone functionality and you have wifi where you'll be using it?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FA1O0O

This is what I'm looking at and for the price, it just seems like an iPod may make more sense.

2. tehpea macrumors member

Yes, if you have wifi and don't need the phone function the iPod touch is essentially an iPhone, unless of course you DESPERATELY need Siri or a good camera.

3. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

If the telephony functionality doesn't matter to you, and you have WiFi readily available, the Touch is the way to go. I've had a Touch (64gb) for 3 years and love it. When it gets close to full, I just blow out the unused apps.

4. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

iPod touch would be perfect, but I HIGHLY recommend the 32GB rather than the 8GB. When I had a touch I had the 8GB thinking I would never use it up, but it's REALLY easy to hit 7GB even with only a handful of apps and small music library. 16GB really is the sweet spot if you ask me, but they don't make the 16GB touch anymore, so get the 32GB one.

5. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

The iPod Touch has iMessage as well, right? I was thinking about upgrading my JB iPhone and iPad to iOS6 when it comes out, and possibly getting a Touch for JB purposes. There are a lot of things that I like about my JB devices, but I really like the iOS 6 features as well.

6. moderately macrumors 6502

moderately

I have the touch and it does everything I need it to do, but slowly. I use WeeklyCalendar and Numbers a lot and while WeeklyCalendar is a little slow, Numbers is in the start it up and do something else range. I don't play a lot of games so I can't report on that.