Mbps comes with lion

haoqfu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Guys, when you buy a new mbp preinstaled with lion, can you download lion from app store for free to create a USB bootable drive? Thanks a lot.

haoqfu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
New Macs come with an install disk (at least my Early 2011 did) that contains the OS. If you ever need to reinstall OS X Lion, you'll have to use that disk.
Thanks, but the new mbp and other Mac don't come with installation disk anymore, so I will have to create my own.

phyrexia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
New Macs come with an install disk (at least my Early 2011 did) that contains the OS. If you ever need to reinstall OS X Lion, you'll have to use that disk.
My Early 2011 was built in June, has the Snow Leopard keyboard, and came with an SL DVD.

phyrexia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
If Lion came preinstalled on your machine then you own a copy of Lion. Are you asking if you have to pay every time you download it? The answer is no.

haoqfu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
If Lion came preinstalled on your machine then you own a copy of Lion. Are you asking if you have to pay every time you download it? The answer is no.
Kool , that's the answer what I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Right, but I'd like to create USB bootable due to my slow Internet connection.
You can't get Lion from the App store since you did not buy it from there. You will need to intercept the Lion installer using this process. The you can use this free tool to make a USB key installer.

That's quite an astute observation for someone who needs help with this simple task to make.

Just read these and get on with yourself, alright? :p

http://www.google.com/search?q=make+lion+usb+installer&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari
I like how you keep ridiculing people for not using Google to search for the answer, then you post the wrong information.