MBPs in January?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by phanboyjohn, Oct 27, 2007.

1. phanboyjohn macrumors member

Hey folks,

I know I'm not supposed to wait Apple out on hardware refreshes, but I wanted your opinion--I right now have a 2.0 GHz MacBook that I bought literally days before the refresh in April, and now I'm looking to upgrade to a MBP in the near future. I'm in no rush, and am just wondering if there's any thoughts on when the MBP refresh will be...Macworld? I can definitely wait until January, and even past then--opinions?

PS I'm upgrading to an MBP for video editing, multitasking (I really want the 4GB of RAM that a MBP can support) and, sad as I am to admit it, gaming.

2. mets1125 macrumors regular

The rumor is Macworld in Jan but who really knows.

3. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

Penryn mobile chips are expected for January, so they would coincide perfectly with Mac World. Hopefully the answer is yes, but after the lack of mac pro updates, I can't say for sure.

4. MacOSXuser macrumors regular

I don't think you should wait until Jan cos you are really not sure if the penryn is going to come up or not. If they don't come out in Jan, then they must come out on Feb. therefore you will end up wasting 3 months times instead you can enjoy straight away with Core 2 Duo now. Penryn really different to Core 2 Duo? I don't think so

5. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

If not Jan, February most likely. Apple likes to make sure it has enough stock of the new chips before they roll out the new models.