Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exiag335

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Hello

I asked some questions about monitors a few days ago and I learned that there are TN and IPS monitors and that IPS are better for graphics and video editing and so on.

Does any one know if the new MBP' screen is TN or IPS?
Also if I cannot find a IPS monitor that I can afford right now or have trouble finding, how bad would using a TN monitor be? Of course I would buy a IPS one later.

Help

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
The question really becomes: what are you planning on using your mbp for? If it's web browsing and video work, you should be just fine with your mbp screen. keep in mind that the mbp has a great screen, even if it is a tn panel, and you will be happy to use it for what you need to take care of.

having said that, i'm assuming you are not a graphics or photo professional. i say that because if you were, i doubt you would want or use the glossy screened mbp's. if you are looking to use an external monitor with you mbp, and you can afford it, then i would invest in an ips monitor like an apple cinema display or the hp lp2475w.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.