MBPs now offering 3GB Memory?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DeaconGraves, Apr 25, 2007.

1. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I was bored tonight, so I was browsing through the apple online store (looking to take the plunge for a Mac but likely going to wait until Santa Rosa at least).

For the first time tonight, I noticed that the MB Pros have the option of upgrading to 3 gigs of memory (1 2 gig stick and 1 1 gig stick)

Is this new? I don't remember seeing this before in my window shopping before. I'm wondering if this is a worthwhile purchase. The price jump is ridiculous ($750 if upgrading from 1 gig), so I'd probably hold off for now, although it is promising for future upgrades. Thoughts?

2. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

It is not new as far as I have know it has been that way since the C2D models were introduced...

3. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

I think that has been available since they upgraded to the Core 2 Duo processors.

Although I could be wrong...

4. BigPrince macrumors 68020

5. DeaconGraves thread starter macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

You have proven me to be a very inobservant. :D Maybe my bank account was sending messages to my brain blocking out any thought of it.

6. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

lol, yup. It was an aditional upgrade after C2D... All around the time when Mac Pros were able to have 750Gb HDs above the original 500gb

Was when the Macbook was introduced if I remember correctly