Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
I was bored tonight, so I was browsing through the apple online store (looking to take the plunge for a Mac but likely going to wait until Santa Rosa at least).

For the first time tonight, I noticed that the MB Pros have the option of upgrading to 3 gigs of memory (1 2 gig stick and 1 1 gig stick)

Is this new? I don't remember seeing this before in my window shopping before. I'm wondering if this is a worthwhile purchase. The price jump is ridiculous ($750 if upgrading from 1 gig), so I'd probably hold off for now, although it is promising for future upgrades. Thoughts?

Luis

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
It is not new as far as I have know it has been that way since the C2D models were introduced...

DeaconGraves

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
Dallas, TX
You have proven me to be a very inobservant. :D Maybe my bank account was sending messages to my brain blocking out any thought of it.

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
lol, yup. It was an aditional upgrade after C2D... All around the time when Mac Pros were able to have 750Gb HDs above the original 500gb

Was when the Macbook was introduced if I remember correctly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.