Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arielled01

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
This may sound weird but I have been reading numerous threads saying how every Mac store is out of Macbook Pros. This just seemed a little weird to me. So my question is basically do any of you think Apple is not re-stocking or is trying to get rid of the MBPs for a newer model? I know it may seem as a contradiction because they were just updated but its just odd to me. Or do you think that they're just overwhelmingly popular?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
a lot of people were waiting for the update. its no surprise that they're out of stock right now.

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
NC
Yeah I agree that the MBP is getting very popular and attractive that even a desktop guy like me might buy one instead of an iMac.

But it's going to be the same situation when the new iMacs come out.

MacSyn

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2006
The $1999 model is out of stock many places. The $2499 and 17" models seem to be around.

I can hardly find in any store with $2499 models. Most stores (non-Apple Store) said "Call us for shipping date".

nnick

macrumors regular
May 17, 2006
Milwaukee
I went to my local Apple store yesterday to buy a MBP 2.2GHz and they too were all out. The Apple Rep mentioned that everyone who bought the last gen up to 14 days prior to the new ones coming out were allowed to exchange for the new one. This drained their stock.

The sad thing is that they had no idea when they were getting more because all resources are going toward iPhone at the moment.

arielled01

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Yeah that seems to make sense that Apple is so focused on the iPhone right now. And also what you said about people being able to exchange. Thanks for the heads up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.