Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
F

Frozo.

Original poster
Hi,

I'm very interested in getting a MBP and I have posted in the other thread about them getting a refresh so I am going to be holding out to see what new comes about.

I've got two options when I come to buy one.

First is I can buy from the UK Apple Store (Online) and pay the £2k

Or

I can ask family that live in Canada to purchase one and send it over (I will have to buy the new charger) and the total of that including the shipping was around £1.7k

I'm just wondering whether it would be worth purchasing one from Canada and having it shipped over or would it be best just to buy one straight from the UK Store (Online)

If I did buy from Canada are there any other things that I need to consider apart from the change of power adaptor?

Thanks

sazza85

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Keyboard maybe different. Plus you will have import tax. Can't you find someone whos a student??

To be honest I've just got back from apple buying a mbp. And I'm a student, I get 15% discount plus AppleCare from £206 to £52. Really worth doing it that way. Plus if you want any accessories at the time of purchase you get 11% off those too

Nov 28, 2010
located
I'm not sure if Apple warranties are upheld outside the country of purchase.

It is global: http://www.apple.com/support/products/mac.html

To the OP:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses. (see rule #3 under Minor Problems)
To edit your thread title, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

F

Frozo.

Original poster
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Keyboard maybe different. Plus you will have import tax. Can't you find someone whos a student??

To be honest I've just got back from apple buying a mbp

Bloody Tax :/

I'm a student myself but I can't access the student discount as I'm not connected to my college network and I would rather purchase from home that at college :(

F

Frozo.

Original poster
After adding VAT etc it comes almost to the UK price and that's without delivery or the new power adaptor.

I've decided to go for the low spec MBP (when it gets refreshed) as atm the only difference is the Processor of .12GHz and will cost less than buying from Canada.

I'm just hoping the refreshed MBP's will be roughly the same price

sazza85

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2009

By the way you just need to go to an apple store with proof that you're a student. Get a better discount in store IMO

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.