MBR 13 Pro Keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nmeed, Sep 17, 2015.

1. nmeed macrumors regular

I just unboxed my Retina 13 and I feel that the keys are kind of depressed. I compared the keyboard to my brother's Air 13 that's a couple years old and there seems to be more travel in his keys. It also seems more squishy I guess and less clicky if that makes sense. Am I just being OCD or am I onto something?

2. BrettApple macrumors 65816

BrettApple

Well, the MacBook Air keyboard feels a little different from my 13" rMBP. But I have a new 2015 Air and a Late 2013 rMBP (purchased July of 14). So the MBP has more wear on the keyboard. But they don't feel that much different. If anything the Air does have a little more travel, but my MBP feels more precise, and clicker as you've noticed.

I think that's normal, as they are different machines with different thickness and the body is different so it will affect it. I came from a late 2008 13" MacBook that had 6 years worth of keyboard wear on it and it didn't feel that much different after all those years, other than the keys being rather shiny :)

3. nmeed thread starter macrumors regular

I actually feel like the Air is "clickier" whereas the RMBP feels a little more squishy...but your point about the different thickness does seem valid. I guess I'll get used to it. Thanks!