Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maserluv

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Hi guys,

Teething problem. My macbook retina 2015 is upgraded to Sierra 10.12 and now 10.12.1 Beta. It is bootcamped with Windows 10 just 10 months ago. All is good till recent windows upgraded to Version Anniversary 1607 and all hell break loose. I lost my ability to boot to windows and it always end up rebooting with unrepairable error acpi.sys

I have since reinstall the bootcamp and its worst. Whenever the Windows installation passes the bootcamp installation. Same problem occur again. Though i can boot up windows 10 (WITHOUT the bootcamp control panel) and install back all my stuffs, till i tried to reinstall the bootcamp.exe again., unrepairable error acpi.sys occur again.

Please help me.

Zaroff

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
I had the same problem and ended reinstalling from scratch, downloading the latest Bootcamp drivers. It seems something changed with 1607 that modified the boot process in Windows. After reinstall with the latest drivers it seems to be working perfectly.

maserluv

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Hi Zaroff,

While performing boot camp assistant at Sierra, it seem to me there is a change how boot camp installation work. The is no require of USB thumb drive. It build the windows installation file and update the latest boot camp 6.1 in a separate partition and reboot to install. All were well for me til the auto boot camp installation is running. The boot camp installation does not go through and I'm always cripple with windows 10 less the boot camp driver

Did you download the boot camp support driver separately into a thumb drive and use it to reinstall the boot camp driver using the thumb drive in windows Enviromental?

I had the same problem and ended reinstalling from scratch, downloading the latest Bootcamp drivers. It seems something changed with 1607 that modified the boot process in Windows. After reinstall with the latest drivers it seems to be working perfectly.

Zaroff

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Exactly. I was surprised by it, and it's not good news, for example when you want to boot Windows in Recovery mode when your boot is screwed up. I don't know why they did that, but it's indeed by now totally Mac-centric without any need for an external storage device.

As for the flawed drivers, I had that too. I resolved it by running Brigadier, which will automatically download all Bootcamp drivers you need based on your Mac model. After that, just run the Bootcamp setup and you should be good. It was for me when I did that.

maserluv

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Hi Zaroff,

Thanks for the headsup. I'm googling the Brigadier right away, Is it the Version Brigadier 0.2.4 you are using and just double click the exe file?

Just to be sure, is your Windows Version 1607 Build 14393.222?

Multiple time of re-installing make me a coward o double click that bootcamp.exe file again.

Regards Wayne

Exactly. I was surprised by it, and it's not good news, for example when you want to boot Windows in Recovery mode when your boot is screwed up. I don't know why they did that, but it's indeed by now totally Mac-centric without any need for an external storage device.

As for the flawed drivers, I had that too. I resolved it by running Brigadier, which will automatically download all Bootcamp drivers you need based on your Mac model. After that, just run the Bootcamp setup and you should be good. It was for me when I did that.

Zaroff

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
It was the latest one, I don't remember the version but it was a few days ago, so I guess that should be it.

Yes, same Windows version you mentioned.
I installed Windows, had most things not working (keyboard light, Function keys, etc), just ran Brigadier who automatically sorted out the proper download of Bootcamp drivers, launched Bootcamp setup once downloaded and I was done.
So it should work the same for you.

maserluv

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Hi Zaroff,

Just an update. Tried the Brigadier and click bootcamp setup.exe that it had created. For a moment, I thought I could make it this time. Seem like whenever it pass through the stage of installing Broadcom Bluetoothdriver, it restarted and the same ACPI.sys error came out. But this time round, it still managed to boot into windows without reinstalling. No bootcamp control as excepted. Guess I have to live with the cripple... no sound, no Bluetooth and no lights on the keyboard.

Regards Wayne

Zaroff

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Did you notice if Brigadier downloaded the proper drivers for MacBook 8,1?
It did for mine (2016), MacBook 9,1.

Brigadier also created a folder, named from Bootcamp drivers version, what was it?

Otherwise, I'm at a loss.

maserluv

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Hi Zaroff,

Yes. the brigadier did download bootcamp 031-59791. i double click the setup.exe inside the bootcamp folder but no dice. Thank you for your input (insightful help)

Regards Wayne

Zaroff

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Hmm, wait. I do have version 14393.222 NOW, after running Windows Update, but I didn't install using this version, it was the previous one, perhaps .187 or something, I don't really remember. It was with the latest ISO available circa Sept. 28th. Maybe this accounts for that.

maserluv

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Hi Zaroff,

Strange but true, I re-brigade and it redownload the custom bootcamp. This time I use the program compability to run the bootcamp.exe file and vola,! ,bootcamp is successful installed into W10.

Doing my part to write it down for any forumers that encounter same problem can reference with.

Regards Wayne

Hmm, wait. I do have version 14393.222 NOW, after running Windows Update, but I didn't install using this version, it was the previous one, perhaps .187 or something, I don't really remember. It was with the latest ISO available circa Sept. 28th. Maybe this accounts for that.

Mografi

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
I have a 2015 Macbook Retina that I upgraded to Sierra BEFORE I had bootcamped windows. Now I can't get ANY version of Windows 10 installed. I used the 1607 ISO from Microsoft's website as well as a few old versions ( but those just show a black screen on install ), and it gets all the way through the windows installation, but then gives an error either about the ACPI thing or AppleSSD.sys and then never can boot back into Windows, I have to start over by repartitioning in MacOS.

Any suggestions about what is wrong or how I might get around this issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.