MBRr in same room as woodstove

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by close2reality, Feb 10, 2015.

1. close2reality macrumors 6502

For the time being I'm living in a half finished basement, joyces and strapping exposed etc. There is also a wood stove at the other side of the room, it's probably 15 feet or so from my desk and laptop. Probably being an environment more prone to dust than a living room I'm curious if I should be taking any precautions and if so exactly what to avoid contaminating this thing more than it should be.

Periodically, i do remove ash from the woodstove when it buildups, this is when I notice the most dust being released into the room. Unfortunately I do not have a ash-vac and have to use an old fashioned metal pale and mini shovel.

Just looking for anyone who has any insight on this, I'm sure I'm not the only one with with a woodstove.

I guess I'm being OCD with it because I just purchased the rMBP 2 weeks ago, I would rather move it to another room upstairs if it's the smart idea, although inconvenient.

Thanks in advance, not trying to be sickly OCD, but just making sure I'm not ignoring a potential future issue.