MBs in stores on the 14th

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JLEW700, Oct 9, 2008.

1. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

So based on the fact that we know the event is on the 14th and the fact that some retailers have price list and according to macrumors " Historically, price lists have appeared as early as a few days ahead of launch. The longest lead time in recent memory was about four days prior to a Monday iMac launch." Then we should expect these in stores on the 14th.

2. m1stake macrumors 68000

His question is when can these new models be expected in stores. I would hazard the same day with possible and likely shipping delays like the Touch 2G.

3. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

I would say that they wouldn't be available in stores on the 14th. They probably ship on that date.

4. Ubundows macrumors member

They'll be available from the online store straight away I think.

5. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

thats what im thinking, i mean, why would steve announce something like that...and have us wait another couple weeks or whatever to actually buy it? that would mean Apple would lose a lot of money in that two weeks...

the only exception is when they release an all new product...like air, or the iphone, which took a while to actually release after the initial announcement...