MC and non MC models?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by doc2142, Sep 12, 2010.

1. doc2142 macrumors member

I have two new iphones coming from the store today, and I looked around and it says you can unlock the mc models only. Is this true? and can u unlock on pc and mac?

I know this question got asked a lot but a simple yes or no and point me to a thread where there are instruction of how to unlock and jb iphones 3gs at 4.1 would be awesome.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

The MC- model number has absolutely no relation to unlocking or jailbreaking an iPhone. Period. There was a time when it had some bearing on the jailbreaking of second-generation iPod touches, but even that is no longer the case.

3. doc2142 thread starter macrumors member

so what jailbreak do i need to use? can u post a link please

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Knowing whether it's MC and MC is important for using pwnagetool. And, you can't currently JB 4.1.

5. doc2142 thread starter macrumors member

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

No, it isn't. A search of this forum would confirm that as well. Sit tight, the Dev Team is working on a legitimate jailbreak for 4.1, but that could take time.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

No, MC has absolutely nothing to do with whether you canyse PwnageTool. The only thing that matters to the use of PwnageTool is that you have the old bootrom, which is completely unrelatrd to the MC model number.