OS X MC Domination / Mavericks

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by iAsja, Oct 22, 2013.

1. iAsja macrumors newbie

Hi,

until yesterday I liked to play MC Domination from Gamesloft once in a while. But it seems to not run under Mavericks. And Gamesloft is not updating/supporting the game anymore, right?

I liked the simplicity. Any ideas whether or not to get this running again with Mavericks? Or alternatives?

Thx.

2. jackiu macrumors newbie

you can fix it, was annoying me too.

Hey, right click on MC Domination in your applications and click show package contents, click in the contents folder, then MacOS then double click on the MC Domination file, it will open in terminal and MC Domination will begin running in the background, click on its icon in the dock and you're done.

You can right click on the executable and click make alias then drag that onto your desktop so you don't have to navigate through the folders each time.

To sum up - right click/show package contents - Contents>MacOS - Open MC Domination

3. iAsja thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much! I'll try that as sonn as I get home.

4. iAsja thread starter macrumors newbie

5. ananshe macrumors newbie

WoW... Thank you so much! You just saved my laptop from being downgraded to again os x mountain lol... Cool bro! And Really I was having hard time playing this wonderful game- that I'm so obsessed about!

6. ojazzyjazzy macrumors newbie

doesn't work for me

When I try to do that it tells me that i have to move mc dom to my trash.

7. MikaP macrumors newbie

Doesn't work for me too… Launch once with the tip but but any other time.:confuses:

It's irritating because it seems there doesn't have a great deal to make so that functions. But Gameloft's support doesn't know if the game will be updated… It advised me to ask for a refunding (with App Store):mad:

8. martineztherock macrumors newbie

MC Domination / Mavericks

This is how I got it to work.

Step by step:
    1. Right click the Application (MC Domination) and click on "Show Package Contents".
    2. open the Contents folder
    3. edit the "Info.plist" file (You can use this program to make your life easier = http://www.osx86.net/files/file/850-plistedit-pro-1-7-4/)
    4. change the value of Bundle Version from 1.0.4 (or whatever your version is) to 1.0.5
    5. save the changes and exit
    6. Run the Game! :D

9. Mattww macrumors 6502

Mattww

When the fix is so easy you would think they could make the effort to fix the game for Mavericks....