Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
yeah i think they took my old server down

i found my files on the wayback machine on the internet archive, and i still have an account on another (faster) server at my university

my problem is i have no idea how to do anything web-related, so i guess i'll have to make another page because my old files are gone now

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
are there alternatives to these scripts?

i'd like to get F@H setup on a couple of rigs here at work and it's generally better to keep the terminal hidden so people don't kill it.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
you can set them up manually

if you start the programs in the terminal you can background the processes with ctrl-Z or an & after the command name. this way you can close the terminal and the programs still run.

it's kinda a pain in the ass even if you know what you're doing. i will put up some temp links tonight to my scripts, in the absence of any web site developing skills on my part

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
awesome! i'm a OSX n00b, learning as i go, but very slowly.

these scripts will be put to good use tomorrow. :D

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
hmm, when i try to open the image, they show up as an unrecognized format.

where would a n00b like myself learn how to create something like this? i have no problem installing F@H on a Mac, but it's gotta stay hidden and start at when the computer boots.

meeble

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2003
umm...

now these links are dead.

anyone have a copy of these scripts? i can host it on my webserver as well...

thanks,
meeble

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.