Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
It asks you to select your location. North America, South America, Europe, Asia, or Australia. What about "none of the above"? I chose Asia in the end, since NZ is sometimes referred to as "Asia Pacific". But it just proves that US-based companies don't know much about the outside world :rolleyes:

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Nermal said:
It asks you to select your location. North America, South America, Europe, Asia, or Australia. What about "none of the above"? I chose Asia in the end, since NZ is sometimes referred to as "Asia Pacific". But it just proves that US-based companies don't know much about the outside world :rolleyes:

Neither do the people who work there. :D

I was at work late one afternoon and someone from sales and marketing runs up to me and asks for help. "You speak German, don't you?" They rush me off to some telephone and say that they've called a customer but they got someone else who doesn't understand English. When it's all said and done, the people at my company didn't think that it was 6 hours later and very much after hours. They had a janitor on the phone. :D

I'm glad to see that Virex is continuing to be updated, although with the McAfee engine. I bet that's not as fast but as long as it works and doesn't get in the way.

Any word on whether they'll sell Virex one at a time?

goku

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2003
Why not Australia?

Nermal said:

I have been hearing that Australia/Oceania described as a continent now that includes Austrialia, New Zeland, Paupa New Gunea Miconesai and others.

What do New Zealanders think of this? It would then seem you could list the 6 populated continents and have all countries?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
The continent that NZ, Australia, etc are on is called Australasia. In general, Americans seem to think that NZ is part of Australia, and/or that Australia is a continent. It's annoying.

goku

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2003
Nermal said:
The continent that NZ, Australia, etc are on is called Australasia. In general, Americans seem to think that NZ is part of Australia, and/or that Australia is a continent. It's annoying.

Ok, As a confused American. I learned that there are 7 continets.
Africa,Antartica,Asia,Australia (Only Continent that is its own Country),Europe,North America and South America. In the last few years I known they have started to call Australia Oceana which now includes other countries.

I thoughy Australasia was a region, like Near East/Middle East Pac rim?
Great world learn new things every day.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Is this a new version of the product that comes with .Mac? Would it be recommended for a .Mac person to download this?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
wdlove said:
Is this a new version of the product that comes with .Mac? Would it be recommended for a .Mac person to download this?

I would not suggest touching it. Wait until Apple makes it available to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.