Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tozol

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2009
Leabrooks Derbyshire UK
OK guys, Ipad should be here tomorrow according to tracking, so finally going to make my mind up on a "proper hard case"

The 2, I have narrowed it down to are, the mcally snap on clear case, or the switcheasy Nude, clear.

So guys any input, or of course any other hard back cases you guys think beat either of these??

thanks in advance.

suniil

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2008
I also shortlisted both and ended up in Macally Flexifit silicon case. CanCom guys were nice enough to open & demo a variety of Macally cases. I picked up flexi-fit silicon case in the end.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
I have tried both. The MacAlly clear snap-on is better (it feels better in your hands; the back does not scratch, etc). However, it comes with some sharp corners that I had to file down (they hurt your hand, but not the iPad). It took a few minutes.

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
antiprotest said:
I have tried both. The MacAlly clear snap-on is better (it feels better in your hands; the back does not scratch, etc). However, it comes with some sharp corners that I had to file down (they hurt your hand, but not the iPad). It took a few minutes.

How much thicker is the macally??

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
How much thicker is the macally??

To my touch, very slightly thinker, but it feels better.

Also, note that it does not cover the edges, but grips the iPad by the four corners. This is in fact one reason why I like it better -- it feels less intrusive, "nuder" than the NUDE. But some people might like it less for the same reason. Decide according to your own preference.

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
I have the UltraClear Nude and highly recommend it. Seems like they had some issues at first with a bad fit, but 3 of my friends got the same case this week and its working out great for them. (Two of them have wifi, one with 3G, all fit perfect) Mines been great from the start :)

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
I have the UltraClear Nude and highly recommend it. Seems like they had some issues at first with a bad fit, but 3 of my friends got the same case this week and its working out great for them. (Two of them have wifi, one with 3G, all fit perfect) Mines been great from the start :)

thats good to know. it does look pretty sexy! i would probably want to get a clear one. does anybody know if there are any rubber clear ones?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.