McCartney raps Ramsay for vegetarian comments

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by richard.mac, Aug 29, 2008.

1. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

ahhh! i thought id post this article after reading it on News.com.au following a big Friday night and i thought the British MacRumors readers would enjoy reading this especially as it concerns Gordon Ramsay and Paul McCartney from The Beatles who Apple's iTunes are so consciously trying to sign up. im wondering what your thoughts are?

good night im going to Bed-E-Byes… read your comments in the morning with a fresh morning brew.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24261969-2,00.html

ah love this quote

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

McCartney is right.....I'm not sure who(or how could you logical) would argue against that people have a duty to eat meat.

3. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

"My biggest nightmare would be if the kids ever came up to me and said, 'Dad, I'm a vegetarian'. Then I would sit them on the fence and electrocute them."

That's funny.

Sir Paul need to take a chill pill...

My dream meal would be a big fat wagyu steak cooked by Gordon Ramsay. Yummy!!!!

4. iGary Guest

iGary

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Love 'Live and let Live', great quote. Gordon is obviously stirring the pot, - something he is very good at - and Macca eloquently expressing his sensitive side (which could probably do with some exposure given his recent outings in the Law Courts). Let them be.

Cheers

6. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

Yeah--I agree. Gordon Ramsey is a talented chef--but he gets the big bucks and TV ratings because he is an entertainer--and a pretty funny one at that--one would think Sir Paul would understand that--so I think that chill pill should indeed be on his veggi plate.

7. calculus Guest

calculus

You can have him...

8. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

So Paul McC is a vegetarian, someone who doesn't eat meat.

And Gordo, a meat lover, is the opposite. Therefore Gordo does not eat vegetables.

I give my permission to anyone who discovers Gordo eating a salad or munching any non-meat ingredient to thump him with the hypocrite stick.

There. That didn't take long did it?

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Gordon didn't say he doesn't eat vegetables. :confused:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Paul is right, and in several different ways. It's nobody elses business whether someone else wants to be a vegetarian or not. If they want to be, then let them. Furthermore, it's true that the planet would be better off if more of the world converted to vegetarianism (and consequently, less meat is consumed).

10. richard.mac thread starter macrumors 603

richard.mac

interesting. im not vegetarian and i love Ramsay's impeccable cooking abilities and the way he goes about raising junior chefs but he should really respect vegetarians as not everyone eats the food he takes for granted.

11. bartelby macrumors Core

Why on earth would you think that?

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Should we just send him Dr. Phil right now to help him out with his viscous attack on herbivores.

I remember how much trouble Oprah got into for disrespecting them -- and if it wasn't for Dr. Phil, she probably would have gotten the death penalty in Texas. :p

13. richard.mac thread starter macrumors 603

richard.mac

that was just my drunk rambling. i meant i thought you guys would find it interesting because it entailed Ramsay and McCartney who are British and because of the whole Apple wanting to add Beatles songs to iTunes.

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^^I still have no idea what you're going on about. I came into this thread hoping to read about McCartney rapping about Gordon Ramsay. :eek:

15. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I don't know who Dr. Phil is, but that seems an increasingly sticky situation.

16. Queso macrumors G4

Gordon Ramsay is really quite tiresome on this topic.

Actually he's really just quite tiresome.

17. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

<shrug> it's politically incorrect to question vegetarianism. And Ramsay is a loudmouth anyway.

Did you all catch the part about how McCartney's 4 year-old daughter is a vegan? What on earth is that about? She's clearly too young to do it as a conscious choice, so what gives?

18. Queso macrumors G4

Didn't the mad one win custody? She's probably trying to make the child look emancipated so she can shout about how low the divorce settlement was :D

19. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Emaciated even… ;)

20. Queso macrumors G4

LOL. Yeah, that would make more sense :D

21. pac-a-mac macrumors member

Veggies have an agenda that does not include food. I think his point is keep self (gratifying) flagellation out off food. Or he may have a downer on old-aged hippies.

Since when has that bothered at true Brit. Ramsay is tiresome because he cannot see past his on narrow field of expertise. He does not have the intelligence for wider thought...but thats OK cos he earns bags of dosh.

22. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

I knew a vegetarian who is over weight. It's really not what you eat, but how you eat.

Also, what is wrong vegetarianism?

23. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Nothing at all...just as there is nothing wrong with an omnivorous diet. I do find veganism a bit mystifying, but as long as people don't preach to me or give their children diseases through malnutrition I don't care about their diet at all.

24. Queso macrumors G4

Not entirely. It's accepted that the meat from herbivorous animals is healthier than that from carnivorous ones, because the higher you go up the food chain the more concentrated any toxins become. So eating stuff that's down the bottom of the food chain (i.e. vegetables and fruit) should lower the toxin levels in your own body. To me it's just logic. I don't feel a need to eat meat nor do I wish to, but it's all about food.

25. weckart macrumors 68040

I just read "McCartney raps..." and stopped reading. That is just 57 flavours of wrong, and, indeed, fail.