MCE Optibay - Anyone bought one lately? (Possible issues with mine)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by A4orce84, Feb 4, 2014.

1. A4orce84 macrumors regular

Hey Everyone,

I received my MCE Optibay kit in the mail today, and I got the following in the package:
    [​IMG]

Notice the diagram at the base of the optibay, as well as I only got a package with 2 screws, and finally 2 separate screw-drivers.

I was expecting to get a package that contained something like the following:
    [​IMG]

Specifically, the optibay did NOT have a diagram at the bottom base, the orange pen dual screw-driver, and what looks like a few more screws.

I wasn't sure if MCE changed how they packaged everything recently. Was hoping someone could confirm who purchased an MCE Optibay recently?

Thanks in advance!
    Asif

2. disasterdrone macrumors 6502

That's fine. I mean, complain if you want the extra crappy screwdrivers that the vendor may have promised, but the bay will fit fine, and you'll use the screws that hold the optical drive in place.

3. A4orce84 thread starter macrumors regular

Alright cool, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything needed for the install. =)

Thanks!

4. macsForLife macrumors member

macsForLife

Just got one myself, came with the screwdriver, can't even remember if it came with any screws but you don't need any, there are 4 already in it for securing the hard drive and then the rest you just use from the optical drive. Worked great :)