MCE optibay

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Benito, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

Does anyone have any experience with the MCE Optibay http://store.mcetech.com/Merchant2/...5&Category_Code=STORHDOPTIBAY&Product_Count=2

I have a mid 2007 2.2 ghz 15" MBP and was planning to install a SSD into it and move the HDD into the optical bay. I understand now that the optical bay has a PATA connection while my HDD is a SATA drive. Does anyone know if the above optibay I have ordered has a built in SATA to PATA converter in it or will I have to find such a converter or perhaps I have ordered the wrong part. I feel stupid because I obviously didn't research this enough until AFTER I have ordered and paid for the parts.:(

2. Benito thread starter macrumors 6502

Benito

Thanks spinnerlys. I believe I'll be OK then. I think that the MCE optibay I've ordered will be able to take a SATA HDD in it and connect it to the ATA connection in the optical bay that the Super Drive was in.

3. Benito thread starter macrumors 6502

Benito

The MCE OptiBay was delivered today and it is in fact designed for use with an ATA connection in the optical bay and with a SATA HD inside of it. :D Upgrade time now.